• Completing the Original Great Ride open since the year 2000
• Choose from standard, superior or boutique accommodation options
• This package is great for those that are regular cyclists and are short on time.
• You need to be able to cycle up to 60km a day on the gentle graded, gravel Otago Central Rail Trail
Day One - Clyde to Lauder 44kms
via The River Track, Alexandra, Galloway (Check out the Ladies waiting room), Chatto Creek, and Tigerhill, side trip to Ophir NZ oldest Post office and amazing bridge, Lauder Station
Day Two - Lauder to Waipiata 55.5kms
The longest bridge, Poolburn Gorge (with its tunnels and viaduct), Ida valley, Hayes Engineering, Gilchrist Store (NZ's oldest) Golden Progress Mine, Trail High point, Wedderburn Red Shed, Wedderburn Good Shed made famous by a Grahame Sydney painting, Wedderburn Station, Ranfurly Railway Station, Art Deco town, Waipiata Man
Day Three - Waipiata to Middlemarch 52.5kms
Taieri Lake, Daisybank, Prices Creek Tunnel and Viaduct, Hyde township, Hyde Railway station, Hyde Train disaster site, Rock and Pillar range, Ngapuna Station, Middlemarch Station
There are three grades of accommodation, generally all accommodation includes a continental breakfast. The exact price will depend on the accommodation that is available and suitable for your group.
2. Superior Accommodation (ensuite/own bathroom)
3. Boutique/Lodge Accommodation
Accommodation is based on twin share and single supplements will apply for single travelers requesting their own room.