Self Guided Otago Central Rail Trail Tour – 3 days
This package is great for those that are regular cyclists and are short on time. You need to be able to cycle up to 60km a day on the gravel Otago Central Rail Trail.
What you can get:
- Door to door collection from Queenstown by one of our friendly team and a scenic drive to Clyde. We run two services a day 8am and 2pm.
- Bike Hire on the latest Trek Roscoe 7’s, these have 27+ wheels and tyres for the smoothest ride, hydraulic disc brakes with high quality Shimano components.
- Includes: 2 side mounted panniers, helmet, wireless cycle computer, gender specific saddle, dual density gel seat cover, ergo grips and water bottle holder – we recommend staying the night before you start riding in Clyde. You can collect your bikes after 3pm that day at no extra cost.
- Personalised bike fitting and trail briefing over a coffee at one of our local cafes.
- Accommodation that is selected to suit your style and group
- Daily continental breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers with 15kg per bag weight allowance, extra bags can be stored or transferred to the end of the trail.
- Bike Relocations
- Otago Central Rail Trail passports
- Upgrade to a Merida Electric bike for an extra $50 per day ( Please specify if needs to be a step through version)
What it will cost:
There are three grades of accommodation, generally all accommodation includes a continental breakfast. The exact price will depend on the accommodation that is available and suitable for your group.
Standard Accommodation (mainly share bathrooms)
- from $500.00pp add a night in Clyde from $65pp B&B
Superior Accommodation (ensuite/own bathroom)
- from $670.00pp add a night in Clyde from $100pp B&B
- Price on application, please talk to us about your requirements. Upgrade for one night for a special treat or occasion!
Accommodation is based on twin share and single supplements will apply for single travelers requesting their own room.
The trail finishes in Middlemarch .You have the choice of continuing on to Dunedin by shuttle or returning to Queenstown via Clyde by shuttle bus. You just need to let us know your preference and we will add it on to your tour.