• One of our most popular bike tour packages.
• Completing the Original Great Ride open since the year 2000
• You cycle the trail over 4 days (around 4-5 hours cycling a day for someone with average fitness) and Bike It Now! take care of everything else!
• Choose from standard, superior or boutique accommodation options
Day One - Clyde to Omakau 37kms
via The River Track, Alexandra, Galloway (Check out the Ladies waiting room), Chatto Creek, Tigerhill then include a side trip to Ophir to see NZ' s oldest Post Office and most amazing bridge
Day Two - Omakau to Wedderburn 41kms
via Lauder Station, the longest bridge, Poolburn Gorge (with its tunnels and viaduct), Ida valley, Hayes Engineering, Gilchrist Store (Nz's oldest) Golden Progress Mine, Trail high point, Wedderburn Red Shed
Day Three - Wedderburn to Hyde 46kms
Wedderburn Good Shed made famous by a Grahame Sydney painting, Wedderburn Station, Ranfurly Railway Station, Art Deco town, Waipiata Man, Taieri Lake, Daisybank, Prices Creek Tunnel and Viaduct, Hyde township, Hyde Railway station
Day Four - Hyde to Middlemarch 27kms
Hyde Train disaster site, Rock and Pillar range, Ngapuna Station, Middlemarch Station
There are three grades of accommodation, generally all accommodation includes a continental breakfast. The exact price will depend on the accomodation that is available and suitable for your group.
2. Superior Accommodation (ensuite/own bathroom)
3. Boutique/Lodge Accommodation
Accommodation is based on twin share and single supplements will apply for single travelers wanting their own room.