• Experience the original Otago Central Rail Trail One Day Wonder
• Highlights include the Poolburn Gorge with its tunnels and stunning viaduct
• Ride the Trail's longest bridge, and it's curved!
• Includes your bike hire (standard or E bike*)
• Shuttle transport to the beginning of your ride via the scenic Ida Valley
• Option for collection from Chatto Creek, back to Clyde
• Daily departures year round
The Poolburn Gorge Section is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the Otago Central Rail Trail as it cuts through the Raggedy Range that separates the Manukerikia and Ida Valleys. Highlights of this section of the trail include the 37m high Poolburn Viaduct, two tunnels, the trails longest bridge and Central Otago stunning landscapes.
You also have the option to take a side trip to historic Ophir before cycling down Tiger Hill to the Chatto Creek Tavern. Relax and refresh yourself at the Tavern and we collect you from here. You can also choose to ride all the way back to Clyde via the Rail Trail or the very scenic Alexandra to Clyde River Trail.
Departure Times and Duration:
Trip departs on demand with a minimum of 2 people. We ask you are at our shop in Clyde at 9am.
Allow 5- 6 hours for the whole experience including some time to stop for a bite to eat and something to quench your thirst!
Auripo to Chatto Creek: 29.5km, 34.5km if you do the side trip to Ophir
Auripo to Clyde: 48.5km, 63.5km if you do the side trip to Ophir and ride the River Trail
With a pickup at Chatto Creek; NZ$140
NZ$100 per child under 12
Riding back to Clyde: NZ$100 per adult
NZ $70 per child 12 and under
Upgrade to the latest Merida Electric Bike for an extra $55 per person.
Departures from Queenstown at 8am and returned at approximately 6pm,minimum 3pax
Extra cost per person NZ$120.00
Bookings are highly recommended. Contact us to book!