Roxburgh & Clutha Gold – “With Style” our Boutique option
Departing from Queenstown, this 4 day all inclusive tour offers cycling on Otago’s newest cycle trails, a jet boat ride, superior accommodation, and all meals while on the trail as you follow the Clutha river from Clyde to Lawrence. We’re talking serious scenery, great bikes, awesome places to stay along the way with great hosts and wonderful Central Otago food.
‘Roxburgh Gorge & Clutha Gold Cycle Trails “With Style” suggested Itinerary
Depart from and return to Queenstown — just get your group to New Zealand’s adventure capital and we’ll do the rest.
- We’ll collect you from Queenstown airport at around 2pm.
- We drive you to Clyde via the Cromwell Gorge, offering an informative commentary along the way.
- We arrive in Clyde at Bike It Now! headquarters for bike fitting and itinerary briefing. Briefed and bike sorted, you will be taken to your accommodation.
- The rest of the evening is your own, including the free use of your bikes.
- Accommodation – Dunstan House
- Evening meal on your own account – options Oliver’s, Paulina’s or the Post Office Cafe
- Enjoy continental breakfast at Dunstan House
- Collect packed lunches from the Bank café
- Head off on the River Trail to Alexandra and then on to Doctors point to meet the jet boat for your 22km jet boat ride.
- 35 minute Clutha river cruise taking you from Doctors Point to Shingle Creek.
- Ride from Shingle Creek to Roxburgh Dam (13kms)
- Accommodation – Lake Roxburgh Lodge
- Dinner in the Lake Roxburgh Lodge restaurant – Enjoy resting up before having a lovely meal.
- Continental breakfast at Roxburgh lodge and collect your packed lunch made by your hosts.
- Begin riding the Clutha Gold trail from Roxburgh Dam to Roxburgh Town (11kms)
- Head to the next nights’ accommodation at Millers Flat – The Quince (19kms)
- Accommodation – The Quince Boutique Bed and Breakfast
- Evening meal provided by The Quince — not to be missed, more relaxation in delightful surroundings
- Continental Breakfast at Quince, collecting you packed lunch from your hosts.
- Begin your final ride towards Lawrence (44kms) — highlights along the way include The Big Hill tunnel.
Meet your Bike It Now! crew in Lawrence for the scenic drive back to Queenstown.
This offer is subject to availability Book your tour now*
- All transfers to and from Queenstown
- Three days bike hire
- Jet boat transfer & river cruise
- 3 nights accommodation
- 3 breakfasts
- 3 packed lunches
- 2 evening meals
- All luggage transfers