• A short cycle trip into the stunning Roxburgh Gorge Trail
• For those on a short time frame
• Bike hire included
• Starts from our shop in historic Clyde
• Trail options include a chat, maps and those cafe stops
• Great winery stop off options
You will leave our shop and head out of Clyde to the River Track.
This is nice single track that follows the Clutha River from Clyde to Alexandra, you can leave the track there and head into Alexandra for refreshments with great cafes very close by on Centennial Avenue
Once refreshed you can head back to the trail and begin your journey on the Roxburgh Gorge Trail. You will pass under the Alexandra bridge and past the historic bridge piers. The Manuherikia River joins the Clutha and you enter into the Gorge within 1 km of the track start. The transition from urban to remote is almost immediate. The gorge is awesome in all aspects. You will climb gently till you reach Butcher's Creek a good opportunity to stop and look at the old gold workings. You then head onto Doctors Point your turn around point
From here you have two options - ride back the way you came or you may wish to cross the Alexandra bridge and come back via the Otago Central Rail Trail rather than go back the River track
Clyde to Alexandra – 12kms (River Track)
Alexandra to Doctors Point – 10kms (Roxburgh Gorge Trail)
Alexandra to Clyde – 8kms (Otago Central Rail Trail)
Cycle Only Option
The complete Cycle without the Boat option is just our normal day hire rate of $60 ($120 Electric Bike)
This trip does not need advance bookings – just rock up to our shop (In the busy times please ring or call in the day beforehand to ensure we have bike for you. if you would like an Electric Bike you will need to prebook
Cycle with return Boat trip ( Remember this needs to be booked well in advance to enable us to coordinate with the boat operators
1. Return back directly to Alexandra Jetty from Doctors Point approximately 20 minutes
This trip includes hire of bike and boat trip. Minimum of 2
2. Return back to Alexandra via the Gold Workings. You will be given a very informative tour and will have refreshments provided this will take approximately 80 minutes.
This trip includes hire of bike and boat trip and Tour. Minimum of 3.
Please contact us for pricing.