Self Guided Otago Central Rail Trail Tour – 4 days
One of our most popular tour packages. You cycle the trail over 4 days (around 4-5 hours cycling a day for someone with average fitness) and Bike It Now! take care of everything else!
What you can get:
- Door to door collection from Queenstown by one of our friendly team and a scenic drive Clyde. We run two services a day 8am and 2pm.
- Bike Hire on the latest Trek Roscoe 7’s, with 27+ wheels and tyres for the smoothest ride, these have hydraulic disc brakes with high quality Shimano components, includes; 2 side mounted panniers, helmet, wireless cycle computer, gender specific saddle, dual density gel seat cover, ergo grips and water bottle holder – we recommend staying the night before you start riding in Clyde. You can collect your bikes after 3pm that day at no extra cost.
- Personalised bike fitting and trail briefing over a coffee at one of our local cafes.
- Accommodation that is selected to suit your style and group
- Daily continental breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers with 15kg per bag weight allowance, extra bags can be stored or transferred to the end of the trail.
- Bike Relocations
- Otago Central Rail Trail passports
- step through bikes with a more upright riding style.
- Upgrade to a Merida or Scott Electric bike for an extra $50 per day
What it will cost:
There are three grades of accommodation, generally all accommodation includes a continental breakfast. The exact price will depend on the accommodation that is available and suitable for your group.
Standard Accommodation (mainly share bathrooms)
- from $660.00pp add a night in Clyde from $60pp B&B
Superior Accommodation (ensuite/own bathroom)
- from $760.00pp add a night in Clyde from $90pp B&B
- Price on application, please talk to us about your requirements. Upgrade for one night for a special treat or occasion!
Accommodation is based on twin share and single supplements will apply for single travellers wanting their own room.
The trail finishes in Middlemarch .You have the choice of continuing on to Dunedin by train on the Taieri Gorge Railway or returning to Queenstown via Clyde by shuttle bus. You just need to let us know your preference and we will add it on to your tour.