This tour is our recommendation if you want to experience the trail at a leisurely pace. It is also the perfect option for those that are just getting back on a bike or you are relatively new to cycling.
You cycle the trail over 5 days (around 2.5 -3 hours cycling a day for someone with average fitness) and Bike It Now! take care of everything else!
What you get:
- Door to door collection from Queenstown by one of our friendly team and a scenic drive Clyde. We run two services a day 8am and 2pm.
- Bike Hire including pannier & helmet – we recommend staying the night before you start riding in Clyde. If you do this you get 1/2 free bike hire.
- Personalised bike fitting and trail briefing
- Accommodation that is selected to suit your style and group
- Daily breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers with 15kg per bag weight allowance, extra bags can be stored and shipped to the end of the trail (for a bit extra)
What it will cost:
There are three grades of accommodation, generally all accommodation includes a continental breakfast. The exact price will depend on the accomodation that is available and suitable for your group.
Standard Accommodation (mainly share bathrooms)
- from $750.00pp add a night in Clyde from $60pp B&B
Superior Accommodation (ensuite/own bathroom)
- from $850.00pp add a night in Clyde from $80pp B&B
- Price on application, please talk to us about your requirements. Upgrade to the best accommodation on the trail every night or one night for a special treat or occasion!
Accommodation is based on twin share and single supplements will apply for single travellers wanting their own room.
The trail finishes in Middlemarch . You have the choice of continuing on to Dunedin by train on the Taieri Gorge Railway or returning to Queenstown via Clyde by shuttle bus. You just need to let us know your preference and we will advise the cost and add it on to your tour.