Self Guided Otago Central Rail Trail Tour – 5 days
This tour is our recommendation if you want to experience the trail at a leisurely pace. It is also the perfect option for those that are just getting back on a bike or you are relatively new to cycling.
You cycle the trail over 5 days (around 2.5 -3 hours cycling a day for someone with average fitness) and Bike It Now! take care of everything else!
What you can get:
- Door to door collection from Queenstown by one of our friendly team and a scenic drive Clyde. We run two services a day 8am and 2pm.
- Bike Hire on the latest Avanti or Scott 27.5 or 29ers, these have hydralic disc brakes and are 27 speed with high quality Shimano components, includes; 2 side mounted panniers, helmet, Cateye Cycle computer, dual density gel seat cover, ergo grips and water bottle holder – we recommend staying the night before you start riding in Clyde. You can collect your bikes after 3pm that day at no extra cost.
- Personalised bike fitting and trail briefing over a coffee at one of our local cafes.
- Accommodation that is selected to suit your style and group
- Daily continental breakfast
- Daily luggage transfers with 15kg per bag weight allowance, extra bags can be stored or transferred to the end of the trail.
- Bike Relocations
- Otago Central Rail Trail passports
- a step through comfort bikes with a more upright riding style.
- Upgrade to a European manufactured Scott Electric bike for $50 per day
What it will cost:
There are three grades of accommodation, generally all accommodation includes a continental breakfast. The exact price will depend on the accomodation that is available and suitable for your group.
Standard Accommodation (mainly share bathrooms)
- from $760.00pp add a night in Clyde from $60pp B&B
Superior Accommodation (ensuite/own bathroom)
- from $910.00pp add a night in Clyde from $80pp B&B
- Price on application, please talk to us about your requirements. Upgrade for one night for a special treat or occasion!
Accommodation is based on twin share and single supplements will apply for single travelers wanting their own room.
The trail finishes in Middlemarch . You have the choice of continuing on to Dunedin by train on the Iconic Taieri Gorge Railway or returning to Queenstown via Clyde by shuttle bus. You just need to let us know your preference and we add it on to your tour.